Which Brand Of Baby Wipes Is The Best
Here are the Best Baby Wipes of 2019!
- Bloom Baby Jumbo Sensitive Wipes.
- Honest Company Sensitive Baby Wipes.
- Pampers Sensitive Baby Wipes.
- Amazon Elements Sensitive Baby Wipes.
- Huggies Natural Care Baby Wipes.
- Babyganics Extra Gentle Baby Wipes.
- Pampers Aqua Pure Baby Wipes.
- Seventh Generation Free Clear Baby Wipes.
Are Disposable Diapers Really Harmful For My Baby
If the waste, pollution and the misuse of oil werent bad enough, disposable diapers are toxic to your baby too. Babys poorly developed outer skin layer absorbs about 50 different chemicals if you use disposable diapers, wipes and standard baby products. This can be greatly reduced by using cloth diapers and natural baby products.
Choosing The Best Diaper For Your Baby
As with many baby items, you may want to buy a few different diaper brands at first to see which works best for your cutie. Once you know your favorite, consider signing up for a subscription delivery service to take advantage of the substantial discounts they offer.
Here are a few additional factors to consider when shopping for baby diapers:
- Reusable and adjustable tabs: These are great when you’re trying to quickly peek to see if baby is wet. They can also help you get the best fit.
- Wetness indicator: These are lines that change colors when baby is wet. Theyre handy to have, especially in those first few weeks when youre still learning babys cues.
- Pocketed waistband: These pockets on the back panel of the diaper help keep poop contained. If you routinely have issues with blowouts, they can be a lifesaver.
- Impact on the environment: Eco-minded parents may choose a diaper made in the most earth-friendly way possible.
- Diaper size: Correct diaper fit is important for babys comfort too tight, and the elasticized leg openings can irritate her skin, but one thats too large can lead to leaks. Diaper packaging will make recommendations based on your babys weight, but feel free to size up or down as needed until you get a fit that is comfortable for your baby and minimizes leaks.
Also Check: How To Add Newborn To Medicaid Nc
How Can I Save Money On Baby Diapers
Here are some ways by which you can save money on baby diapers:
- Buy Online: Shopping online will help you save money. You can compare prices of different brands and choose a brand that suits your budget.
- Use Coupons: There are coupons available online which you can avail during checkout and get exclusive discounts for recurring purchases.
- Subscription Services: Special subscription services will help you avail discounts on diapers of a particular brand. You can subscribe for baby diapers as per the subscription plan of a brand.
Honest Objective Reviews Led By A Pediatrician
BabyGearLab was founded by a Pediatrician Mom with a mission to provide a reliable, independent, source of information to new parents. Our experts have tested thousands of baby and kids products to share key performance, health, and safety findings. We spend tens of thousands of dollars crash testing car seats to inform our ratings. And, we combine our review work with gobs of expert parenting advice. To assure complete independence, we buy all the products we test ourselves. No sponsored content. No ads. Just real, honest, side-by-side testing by people who care.
Smart Bottoms 31 Organic Aio Perfect For Sensitive Skin
Babies with sensitive skin do better with all natural fibers, and Smart Bottoms Organic AIO uses organic cotton. The inside of the diaper is made with 100% certified organic cotton, so no harsh chemicals will come in contact with your babys skin. The organic cotton is so soft, lessening the chance that the fabric will irritate your babys skin.
Smart Bottoms fit babies between 8 and 35lbs. There are four rows of rise snaps, so you can find the perfect fit for your baby. Smart Bottoms has a unique design that many parents love. It has an extra-long insert sewn into the diaper itself, so you dont have to stuff. This long insert makes drying easier than other AIOs, but you are able to fold it to provide extra protection for your baby, depending on where its needed. Boys need more folding in the front and girls need more padding in the middle!
- Long Insert Makes Removing Poop Harder
- Requires 5 to 6 Washing Before Use
Best Biodegradable: Andy Pandy Bamboo Disposable Diapers
Reviewers love the silky soft texture of these diapers and say that the wet indicator strip is a game-changer. They also appreciate the plain white design, which lets them easily dress their baby in any outfit without being able to see characters or patterns through the cloth.
These Earth-friendly disposable diapers from Andy Pandy are made from bamboo and are 100 percent biodegradableperfect for the family that doesnt want to pollute but might not be ready for cloth diapers. Even better, theyre hypoallergenic, antibacterial, and free of all harsh chemicalsincluding chlorine, phthalates, latex, PVC, TBT, alcohol, preservatives, and antioxidantsso you wont need to worry about rashes or irritation on your little ones skin. Bonus: bamboo fiber is naturally thermal-regulating, so itll keep your baby cooler in hot temperatures and warmer when its cold.
Size Range: N-XL | Wetness Indicator: Yes
You May Like: How To Obtain Social Security Card For Newborn
The Honest Company’s Honest Diapers
The Honest Company’s diapers pride themselves on “cloud-like comfort” and “advanced leak protection,” according to the product description. They come in a variety of stylish prints to suit any baby’s personality. Another stand-out feature is the eco-friendliness. No disposable diaper is completely green , but the Honest diapers are made with plant-based materials and designed with sustainably harvested fluff pulp. They don’t contain any latex, fragrances, lotions, or chlorine processing.
Parents also love The Honest Company’s overnight diapers, which protect against wetness for up to 12 hours.
Available Sizes: Newborn – 6
Hello Bello diapers boast many impressive features, including high levels of absorbency and stretchy side panels. Lotion, fragrances, latex, chlorine processing, and phthalates are no-shows in these diapers, which are made with a plant-derived core liner and sustainably harvested fluff pulp. You can also choose from plenty of adorable designs, ranging from butterflies to dinosaurs to seasonal specials.
Hello Bello also offers cost-cutting bundles that contain seven packs of diapers , four packs of wipes, and other deals. Visit the Hello Bello website for more information on diaper bundles.
Available Sizes: Newborn – 6
Which Diapers Are Best For Baby Boys A Review Of The Best
So, youve got a little bundle of baby boy joy congratulations! While he might be little, youre gonna need plenty of diapers. But which are the best for baby boys?
Nearly all diapers are unisex, but there are things to consider when choosing the best diaper for your little boy thats because, for very obvious reasons, the pee is concentrated upfront. Some parents find that, when little boys sleep longer at night, their diapers leak as a result.
But with a super effective, absorbent diaper, your little boy will be leak-free and sleeping soundly.
Heres everything you need to know about the best diapers for baby boys, including the best overnight diapers, the best diapers for newborn boys, and which hidden toxins in diapers you should always avoid
- Best Organic DiapersAndy Pandy
- Best Non-Toxic DiapersHealthynest
- Best Biodegradable DiapersEco Pea Diapers
- Best Diaper SubscriptionDyper
You May Like: How To Prevent Newborn Diaper Leaks
Precautions To Take Before Using Diapers For Babies
Diapers are in direct contact with a babys skin, so it is advisable to take precautions opting for diapers.
Following are some precautions you must take to avoid side effects due to diapers.
- Check the babys skin to ensure that there are no rashes. Some babies have very sensitive skin and develop rashes immediately.
- Specially designed overnight disposable diapers can be used at night.
- Avoid heavier diapers during the daytime. Use gel-based diapers or diapers with skin creams or cloth diapers.
- Change diapers once every two to three hours to avoid rashes and infections. When babies pass stool, ensure that you change the diaper immediately.
- After removing the diaper, dont make your baby wear another diaper immediately. Allow the skin to breathe for a while.
- Clean your babys skin with baby wipes or a soft, damp cloth after removing the diaper. You can use baby lotion, coconut oil, moisturisers, too. All these products help in maintaining good hygiene. Powders should not be used.
The initial phase of motherhood is hectic because you strive to give the best to your baby. While diapers can make things easier, using diapers for longer periods generates heat. So, changing diapers frequently is the key to ensure that your baby is dry, comfortable, and healthy.
Why We Should Not Use Disposable Diapers
Today, disposable diapers are a fashion. Everybody use it without thinking about what happens to the diaper once you throw it away.
They do not decompose quickly and thus cause problems in landfills because of their toxic content which can pollute our water system very easily. Their poor biodegradability also causes environmental pollution through anaerobic degradation .
In addition, they consist of plastic materials which make them non-biodegradable meaning that even when disposed of properly, they will remain on earth for hundreds of years more than we live here! Disposable nappies create landfill waste too as many parents flush used nappies down toilets leading to blocked drains systems & sewage works where raw sewage is released.
There are plenty of reasons why we should not use disposable diapers, but the most important one is that they are bad for our environment. Lets try to use cloth diapers or other biodegradable options to help save our planet!
Don’t Miss: What Can I Give My Newborn For Constipation
How Many Newborn Diapers Should I Buy
Based on the numbers and an average of about 10 diapers a day you may need around 300 newborn diapers. I have found that Pampers Swaddlers run bigger than other brands of newborn diapers, so that is something to keep in mind. You will probably go home with 1-2 packages of diapers that have about 20 in them.
How To Prevent Diaper Rash
Most babies will experience diaper rash, but you can take a number of steps to prevent it.
Heres how to address the most common causes of diaper rash :
- Frequent Changing: The urine and stool inside a diaper can cause friction and irritation, leading to a diaper rash. Do all you can to change your babys diapers frequently and as soon as you notice its been soiled.
- Gentle Products: Many diapers contain chemicals that can damage sensitive skin. Look for diapers and wipes without fragrances, lotions, chlorine, or other strong additives.
- Proper Fit: If a diaper doesnt fit properly, it can lead to rubbing and chafing on your poor babys bum. Make sure the diaper is snug, but not too tight.
- Air Out: Moist, warm areas are breeding grounds for bacteria and funguses some are similar to a yeast infection. It may help to monitor your baby as they nap or sit without a diaper occasionally.
Also Check: How Many Ounces Of Milk Does A Newborn Drink
Can Diapers Be Returned
Your diapers can often be returned or exchanged depending on what state the package is in. If the package is unopened, youll likely be able to return or exchange them according to the stores specific return policy.
However, what do you do if you open the box and use some, but dont need the rest? If the product was defective in some way or you are unhappy with the quality, you can contact the store or the company directly to learn more about refund options.
If you simply dont need them anymore, we suggest donating them as most stores wont offer a refund or exchange on used products.
The Best Natural Diapers:
Natural diapers are disposable diapers that simply contain fewer chemicals. M has sensitive skin, so weve gone with these a few times. They cost more but are better for your baby and for the environment, if you can afford it.
- The Honest Company It is my all-time favorite brand and I buy it when I can. Their prints are adorable and the quality is great, even for a water-guzzling toddler overnight! Its not very cheap, but you can save with a subscription. You can easily cancel your subscription if you need, or adjust the date your next package arrives. If you dont like subscriptions you can purchase by the package.
- ParasolThis new brand of natural diapers is getting rave reviews. It seems to be taking things up a notch and a higher end product. You can order a free trial packet and see if its for you.
- 7th Generation Ive used these a few times and they are great as well.
Don’t Miss: Why Does My Newborn Spit Up So Much
What Makes A Comfortable Diaper
Going into this test, I thought the answer to this question would be clear-cut. But just like diapers themselves, this question has many layers. For example, it’s important to first understand what makes a baby uncomfortable when wearing a diaper. Once again, here’s Carlos Richer of Diaper Testing International:
“There’s a bit of a misunderstanding of why babies cry in the middle of the night when they’re not even hungry. Babies cry not because the diaper is leaking — they don’t care about that. They cry because they are cold. The urine is warm as soon as you pee on the diaper, but 15-30 minutes after it becomes cold because it gets to room temperature, let’s say that’s 70 degrees. What happens when the liquid inside the diaper goes to 70 degrees and you squeeze the diaper with a little bit of pressure and it wets your skin? So what’s happening here is as soon as you have a diaper that’s wet into the surface it will transfer that dampness to the skin of the baby … When you allow the urine to get to room temperature you cannot go to sleep. It’s just impossible.”
“When you are talking about comfort, the most important parameter you have is rewet,” Richer says. “And rewet has a very nasty correlation. The higher it is the more diaper rash you are going to have, because after prolonged time exposed to wetness you are breaking the skin, making it prone to rash and infection.”
Choose Your Diaper Type
There are two options when it comes to choosing a diaper: disposable or cloth. Have you decided which youll be using?
- Disposable Diapers. Definitely the most convenient option, but many disposable diapers are filled with materials that arent healthy for baby or babys skin, which is why you need to choose carefully if you go the disposable diaper route. We suggest that you look for eco-friendly/biodegradable options.
Well be highlighting some of the best ones below, so be sure to compare and contrast in order to find the right ones for your needs!
- Cloth Diapers. These are certainly the safest option for your baby and the environment however, they are definitely more time consuming than disposable.
If your baby has sensitive skin and hasnt responded well to the disposable diapers youve been using, then the best solution is to go cloth.
Recommended Reading: How To Be A Good Mom To A Newborn