How To Save Money On The Baby Essentials
Preparing for your babys arrival can quickly become expensive. If youre trying to stick to a budget, take a look at the tips below. They can help you save money while still getting everything you need to be prepared for delivery day.
- Create a registry before your baby shower, and put all the baby essentials on the list.
- Ask for baby essentials as gifts for your birthday or Christmas.
- Check with family, friends, and colleagues for hand-me-down baby essentials.
- Have a look at thrift stores to get the larger baby essentials, like furniture and strollers, for cheap.
While purchasing all the newborn baby essentials may be pricey, it doesnt even compare to the joy and fulfillment of giving birth and bonding with your baby. You cant put a price tag on love!
Start with the basics like a crib, diapers, Cleansing Wipes, and Gentle Cleansing Gel then go from there. With this baby essentials shopping list, youll have everything you need to be fully prepared for your little ones arrival!
Get tips, news
If You Are Using A Crib:
- Approved crib and crib mattress
- 3 waterproof mattress covers
- 4 light blankets that fit in the crib
- Sleep sack
- Firm mattress
- 4 fitted cribsheets
- 3 waterproof pads to place under baby
- Light comforter
- Sleep sack
- Approved infant safety seat for car
- Stroller that reclines so newborn can lie flat
- Nail clippers or scissors
- Bulb syringe for suctioning mucous
- Baby thermometer
- Eye dropper or medicine spoon
- Medication in case of fever
- Baby monitor
- Change table
- Rocking chair for feeding and swaddling
Baby Items That End Up Useless
- Bedding: You need to understand that instead of buying expensive beddings unnecessarily, you can certainly make your baby sleep in a cozy and comfortable place.
- Bassinet: Keep in mind that a bassinet can only be used for a few months you will be required to buy a crib later on.
- Flip flops: Flip flops are considered not to be very supportive or appropriate for toddlers.
- Headbands: There is no purpose to be fulfilled by wearing a headband it just looks cute its not at all necessary to make your little one wear a headband.
- Gripe water: No scientific evidence shows that the use of gripe water can help babies with colic. So, it entirely depends on what you believe.
- Mittens: Unless and until your baby has sharp fingernails and needs cutting, you may use baby mittens otherwise, remove them from your baby.
Recommended Reading: How To Get A Newborn Into A Sleep Routine
Out And About With Your Baby
Spend some time looking at what’s available for getting around with your baby. Think about what will suit you best before you make a choice, and ask other mums what they have found useful.
Before buying a pushchair or a pram, check that:
- the brakes are in good working order
- the handles are at the right height for pushing
- the frame is strong enough
Choose Your List Of Baby Items A
We have included all the essential baby items list a-z to fulfill your babys needs, from baby care products, items for your babys wardrobe, and unique toys for baby to feeding-related products.
Before purchasing any baby product, you should carefully go through the baby items list a-z and buy accordingly. We are sure that these items will be worth the investment. As per the requirements of your baby, you can choose products from this list. If you have any doubts or suggestions related to this article, then please feel free to write them down in the comment section. Dont forget to mention some of your favorite baby items in the comment section below. Stay Tuned.
> > > Check here to read more posts about the best baby products list.
> > > Check here to read more posts about parenting concerns.
Also Check: When Did Newborn Screening For Sickle Cell Start
Baby Essentials Recommended By Real Mums
We all want to buy the right things for our new baby but make sure you avoid the things you really dont need. So we asked 6 new mums to tell us about 5 products theyve loved and 5 they wish they hadnt shelled out for during the first 3 months with their new baby.
Weve also done a round up of baby products that are definitely not worth buying as voted by you!
Baby Items That Start With S
- Stroller: If you love to visit the nearby shopping mall with your little one frequently, you must buy a stroller. While you will be shopping around, your cute little one can sleep or relax comfortably in the stroller.
- Straw Bottle: A straw bottle is an amazing product for all the toddlers out there most pediatricians recommend using a straw bottle over sippy cups. Using a straw bottle is associated with an increase in strength of the tongue and the childs lips.
- Sterilizer: Experts are always advised to use bottle sanitizers as they can help protect your babys digestive system from harmful germs.
- Swimsuit: Swimming is an excellent way of building muscular strength in infants. Your childs coordination skills will also improve significantly with the help of regular swimming, so you should remember to buy a swimsuit for your toddler.
- Sunshade: We all know that children love to play outside. However, you need to make sure that your child is protected from the harmful rays of the sun, so sunshade should be on your list of essentials for your baby.
- Stepping Stool: If you want to teach your child how to balance their body, a stepping stool is a must for you. Your child will not only become self-reliant but also will gain confidence in performing daily life tasks.
Read Also: How Much Vitamin D To Give Newborn
Lansinoh Breast Milk Storage Bags
If you’re planning on breastfeeding, youll probably want to start pumping at some point, whether to increase your supply, have a few hours away from baby, build up a stash for later use or all of the above. And after you pump, youll want to make sure youre storing your breast milk as airtight and safely as possible.
Thats where these breast milk storage bags come in. They have double-sealed seams and a patented double Click n Secure zipper seal, so you can be 100 percent certain theyre closed tight. The bags attach directly to Lansinoh pumps and are freezer-safe and BPA-free. Each box includes 100 bags.
Baby Products That Didnt Work For You
1. KariMe baby sling. If you have a squirmy, active baby with a large head then dont bother with this sling! My baby was very uncomfortable and we only managed a few minutes. Also my smaller body shape means it easily comes loose.
2. Johnsons baby bath. I found this gave him very dry skin.
3. Lamaze play mat. I wish Id got a padded material one as while its bright its very hard and Huxley doesnt really relax on it.
4. Babygros that do up at the back/have loads of poppers. Who can flip a baby in the night? Why spend hours trying to popper up a baby when you can buy babygrows with a zip?! I love the ones in Gap.
5. Merino swaddle wrap. It cost almost £40 and a simple blanket does just as good a job.
You May Like: How To Make A Newborn Poop When Constipated
Baby Items That Start With T
- Toothpaste and toothbrush: We are sure you will not forget to buy toothbrushes and toothpaste for your little one as you dont want your child to suffer from dental issues.
- Teethers: You will thank yourself later for buying teethers for your child as they are beneficial for soothing your fussy baby during difficult teething stages. Teethers come in a variety of designs and colors.
- Toy Basket: To keep your childs toys in an organized fashion, dont forget to purchase a toy basket.
- Thermos: Thermos is also one of the essential products as it will help carry around warm milk during traveling.
Winter Snow Suits And Pram Coats
When the weather gets cold, it’s important to have a winter snow suit. Winter suits and pram coats are designed with extra layers of clothing to keep your baby nice and warm. Snow suits need to be well fitting so maybe wait until one is required before purchasing as it is very easy to get sizing wrong – one year it might be very cold in November and another it might be very cold in February, which might really affect clothing sizes for a new baby. Pram coats are really handy for short pram trips when the weather is not quite as cold and perfect for car trips.
These are just a few of the essential clothing items to buy for a newborn baby. By being prepared in advance you can rest easy knowing you have everything sorted for when your little one arrives. Try to buy a few of each item so you have spares in case one gets lost, soiled or shrinks in the wash.
Also Check: Can You Lotion A Newborn
Make You Baby’s Wardrobe Sorted And With These Newborn Essentials
Having a baby sounds exciting but the first few months are not as exciting as they seem. New parents are usually seen stressing over newborn baby essentials and in order to ensure that everything is in place, they sometimes go overboard. But let us tell you that overdoing things will only create a mess and it is essential that you have a checklist on what products are necessary for your newborn baby. From baby care essentials to clothing necessities, we have got you covered with a wide range of products that are an absolute must-have in your little one’s wardrobe. Our curated list of newborn essentials is a guide for new parents or expecting parents to keep everything ready.
Baby Items That Start With E And F
- Ear thermometer: As compared to other thermometers, ear thermometers are more accurate. Not only the results are precise, but also, these thermometers are easy to clean. Its the only essential baby item that start with the letter E.
- Formula: Formula feeding is considered to be a nice alternative to traditional breastfeeding. If you are hesitant about breastfeeding, you can purchase baby formulas.
- Face cloth: We cannot forget the face cloth youll need it frequently. Always buy face clothes made up of highly absorbent fabrics soft to the babys delicate skin.
- Finger Food: Finger food is another essential baby items that start with f. It is a well-known fact that during the initial years of your babys lifetime, finger foods can enhance your childs hand-eye coordination.
Recommended Reading: When Should A Newborn Sleep Through The Night
Burt’s Bees Baby Burp Cloths
Yet another multitasking must have, these absorbent, 100 percent organic cotton burp cloths wont just absorb any spit up and other baby-related spills they’re also big enough to double as on-the-go changing pads. Plus, theyre soft on babys skin and completely cover your shoulder for mid-meal burps. The tri-fold towels easily fit in your diaper bag, and the buzz-y bee patch adds the right touch of sweetness. You’ll get two cloths in a set.
Size: 16 x 11.8 inches
Baby Products You Love
1. Second-hand BabyBjorn bouncer Hux can look around, watch me cook and it frees me up to do things. Also I got it on eBay for half the price of a new one. Hardly any wear and tear.
2. Sock-ons. These go over babys socks and keep them on. Cheap as chips, never lose another sock and you only need one pair!
3. Neals Yard organic baby oil. Its the only thing that doesnt dry his skin out.
4. Angelcare nappy bin. This bin is always on offer on Amazon and you can get it for as little as £5. Each nappy is locked away inside the sealed nappy sack. No more smells.
5. SkipHop change bag. Loads of pockets, easy to get the change mat out with one hand, clips to the pram, very light.
Read Also: Can I Breastfeed And Formula Feed My Newborn
Summer Essentials For Newborn Babies
In addition to the detailed checklist mentioned earlier, here are several items you will need for a baby born in summer.
- Baby vests: Bodysuits or vests with popper buttons and envelope necks are ideal summer-wear options. Pick light colours and fabrics to keep the baby cool when the temperatures are soaring high.
Sleepsuits: Newborn babies live in sleepsuits for the first couple of months. Carefully chosen sleepsuits in the right fabric can make the season comfortable for your little one.
Sunshade for the car or pram: This one is ideal for travel. Fix a shade on your babys pram and on your car windows to protect him from heatstroke.
Summer hat: Pick a lightweight hat with a rim to shield your babys eyes from the sun.
Muslin cloths: Most rocking chairs, prams and car seats have synthetic fabric which makes babies sweat. Lining the seats with good quality cotton or muslin sheet will keep your baby cool when he is sitting over it.
Sunblock: Sunblocks are essential to protect a newborn baby for any sun damage. Check with your babys paediatrician for the best type of sunscreen you can use on your newborn babys delicate skin.
Best Overall: Woolino 4 Season Ultimate Baby Sleep Bag Sack
Made from merino wool, this sleep sack is designed to keep your babys temperature regulated so that its warm without overheating whether its the middle of winter or the hottest day in July. It has two snaps at each shoulder so you can slip your baby in and out to put it on as well as a zipper at the bottom for easy diaper changes.
Finally, this sleep sack has amazing longevity, because its safe for babies as young as two months old up to two years.
Material: Merino wool | Age Range: 2 months old to 2 years old | Machine Washable: Yes
Don’t Miss: How To Obtain Social Security Card For Newborn
Baby Mattress And Bedding
There are some rules to follow when it comes to buying a mattress for your little one. It needs to be the right size and fit into your chosen cot or crib well with no more than a 4cm gap between the mattress and cot. It needs to be at least 10cm thick too and needs to be firm so it doesnt sag or mould to your babys shape.
All mattresses should conform to the BSS and be marked somewhere with this number: BS 1877-10:1997.
When it comes to cot bedding, keep in mind that you need to buy the right size bedding for the cot mattress. For babies under a year old, its best to use a fitted flat sheet and a cellular blanket or a specially designed baby sleeping bag instead of blankets dont use duvets, quilts or pillows.